AASA - Providing leadership and advocacy for architectural education in Australasia
University of Tasmania
School of Architecture and Design
The School of Architecture & Design at the University of Tasmania offers degree programs in Architecture, Interior Design, and Furniture Design.
Our School is recognised as a centre for the teaching, research, design and construction of environments and artefacts that are:
- socially responsive and responsible, and explore the interaction between design and inhabitation at different scales;
- healthy, environmentally sensitive and encourage the users’ well‐being;
- addressing challenges of environmental changes, social and economic development, social agency and anticipatory planning and design;
- enriching and are enriched by new information and technology; and
- informed by an understanding of the changing role of design and emerging larger‐scale design questions around the relationships between the built environment, site and physical geography.
Making an entrance: University architecture students on show at Tasmanian Craft Fair
More than 20,000 visitors to this year’s Tasmanian Craft Fair at Deloraine will be welcomed through an entrance portal designed by University of Tasmania Master of Architecture students.
UTAS Architecture students illuminate Launceston
Architecture students in Launceston rekindled a tradition that dates back to the 1860s when they lit 16 large lanterns on the North Esk River on Wednesday night.