AASA - Providing leadership and advocacy for architectural education in Australasia
University of Tasmania
School of Architecture and Design
The School of Architecture & Design at the University of Tasmania offers degree programs in Architecture, Interior Design, and Furniture Design.
Our School is recognised as a centre for the teaching, research, design and construction of environments and artefacts that are:
- socially responsive and responsible, and explore the interaction between design and inhabitation at different scales;
- healthy, environmentally sensitive and encourage the users’ well‐being;
- addressing challenges of environmental changes, social and economic development, social agency and anticipatory planning and design;
- enriching and are enriched by new information and technology; and
- informed by an understanding of the changing role of design and emerging larger‐scale design questions around the relationships between the built environment, site and physical geography.
Architecture & Design students create new ‘Home Base’ for Riverside Primary School
When Riverside Primary School officially opened its latest addition, the guests of honour were from another school entirely – the University of Tasmania’s School of Architecture and Design. In a collaboration between the two schools, design students created Home Base, a new veranda with integrated play elements that connects several classrooms and the structured learning within to the outdoor sports fields and the open-ended play without.
UTAS School of Architecture and Design celebrates a decade at Inveresk
The School of Architecture and Design celebrated the 10th anniversary of its move to Inveresk recently, at a gala event held at the school.
Building new connections with project Vietnam Bamboo
A group of architecture students from the University of Tasmania have expanded their horizons in Vietnam.